Here’s a wee project we did for “M”, a FOST (Friends of the shop). Summer 2019.
At RCE, we’re quite lucky. We meet some of the best people. “M” is a thoroughly honourable person and has been a loyal customer for about 2 decades. We’ve looked after his various steeds. However, the latest one …
… has got to be “put down”!
If you look closely at the above pic, you may notice the fatal injury:That’s right, the downtube committed suicide!
Aluminium welding isn’t cheap and, perhaps not suitable for this issue.
M asked RCE to ‘mate’ the Ridgeback with a Lamborghini, The one he’d brought along:
Wow! The name & ‘The Raging Bull’ logo conjurers images of the Countachs, Panteras and tractors.
Loving such a challenge, RCE was eager to help.
- Assess all aspects of both bikes (components, dimensions, compatibility, alignments, wear, ratios, intended-use, etc.).
- Identify the best & compatible components to-be-kept.
- Identify works require to to-be-kept components (e.g. re-tension & true front wheel).
- Identify new parts required (e.g. rear wheel).
- Talk £££s.
- Fully strip-down the necessary organs of the Ridgeback.
- Fully strip-down the necessary organs of the Lambo.
- Fully strip-down to-be-kept components for degreasing & cleaning, re-assembly, fitting & setting.
- Mate the two.
- Improve & Test again.
- Improve and Test again, etc. …
- Return to M.
- Guarantee works within ‘bedding-in’ period.
Here’s the Ridgeback after surgery:
Here’s the completed baby:
After a successful summer, the Lambo is now in The Netherlands.
Message: We’re glad to have helped. Hope you’re well & happy. Pleasure knowing you. You a good ‘un!
Rory Block: Mississippi Blues
We first appreciated the song back in the mid-’70s, from this Japanese imported LP (bought as second-hand, but obviously unplayed). Every tune & note does ‘it’ for us:
Enjoy, and play nice.