About 1 in 2,000 of our customers DO NOT collect their repaired bikes. This puts us in a quandary:
- How many phone calls should we make to contact the cyclist to remind them that their bike is ready for collection?
- How long should be store their bike(s)?
- What if the customer doesn’t contact us back?
- What if the bike has been abandoned?
- What can we do to recoup the cost our labour and parts?>
Therefore, the following will apply:
Hear Yea, Hear Yea.
- All repair works must be collected within 28 days of presentation.
- All repair works NOT COLLECTED within 42 days will be regarded as ABANDONED and become the property of Re-Cycle Engineering.
- Late collection (between and including the 28th and 42nd day) will incur an additional storage charge of £5.00 per day per repair work (for a 7 days per week = £35).
- The above automatically to all users of Re-Cycle Engineering.
Don’t worry though.
We appreciate that may maybe on holiday, become ill, have a change of working times, etc. – tell us on presentation (or call us on 0113 – 274 5229) to discuss alternative arrangements. If you don’t contact us, we wont be able to help you.
- Repair works brought in on Thursday, 1st November 2012 (= Day0).
- Cost of repair = £43.
- Repair works not collected by 6pm, Thursday, 29th November 2012 (Day28).
- Day29 is Storage Start Day1 (SSD1).
- Repair works will be stored until 6pm, Thursday 13th December 2012 (Day42).
- Repair works is not collected by 6pm, Thursday 13th December 2012 (Day42) – the . Bike will become the property of Re-Cycle Engineering.
- Repair works is collected on Tuesday, 4th December 2012 (Day33 (SSD5)) – the customer will pay the cost of repair + 5 days storage (= £43 + £25.00 [5 days @ £5.00] = £68.00).
- Customer attempts to collect the repair works after 6pm, Thursday 13th December 2012 (Day42). Sorry, nothing doin’.